Friday 15 June 2012

lazy cooks mango cupcakes

Hi guys.....we're drowning in mangoes..which is a good thing....I think it would be a very rare,thin person who doesn't like the king(why not queen?)of fruits.The mango is going in everything,salads,pasta(yes!..recipe soon),desserts,drinks and cake .I made cupcakes...but you can bake this like a regular cake(I just happen to LOVE cupcakes)
INGRDS
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking pdr
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup mango puree
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM
whipping cream-1 cup
mango puree-1/2 cup
METHOD
1.Sieve the flour with the baking soda,baking pdr and salt.
2.Beat the oil,sugar ,eggs,vanilla essence and mango puree together(I used my handy blender)........pour this onto the dry ingrds...mix...then either pour into a prepared pan(buttered first,then dusted with flour)...or put the cupcake wrappers in the muffin pan...and fill each cupcake wrapper till 3/4th full.
3.Bake at 180 deg ,for 20-25 mins(cupcake time...........a cake will take longer)..till a skewer comes out clean(stick a skewer into the cupcake,and if it comes out clean ..the cake is done)
4.Take them out of the oven...and let them cool.
FROSTING
Whip the cream till soft peaks form(about 7 mins with an electric beater),now mix in the mango puree.Put into an icing bag fitted with a star nozzle and ice the mango beauties.
IMPORTANT




Keep refrigerated.........unless you're somewhere..where the temp is around 7 degrees...then you can leave it outside....if you are in a place thats so cool can I visit you?..huh...can I?...I'm kinda roasting in this place!   

26 comments:

  1. Perfect summer treat and I liked that you added the mango puree to the whipping cream, hmmm, more mangoes..:)

    JOIN ME THIS MONTH IN- JUNE EVENT- ‘ONLY’ MANGO & COOKBOOK GIVEAWAY

    FOODELICIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft and yummy cupcakes... Loved the mango whipped cream

    ReplyDelete
  3. never baked with mangoes, the cuppies look divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look sooo good! Beautiful and delicate cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yum
    http://followfoodie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow.. so cute looking cakes..

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great!! anyway, i love mangoes.

    loved the intro of your blog. easy and fuss free cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious, love the icing..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wander what it tastes like as I cant imagine a mango cupcake. But I loove mangoes.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yum, drowning in mangoes is the best kind of drowning. I think.. Haha. What I want to say is that I can never get enough mangoes.
    This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow..mango is my favorite fruit!And i have never seen mango cupcakes!! thanks for the recipe - will try it soon! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    Win $40 giftcard from Reecn.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never tried this combo, it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely mango recipes everywhere...cup cakes look awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely cute mango cake .i allways love mango flavor

    ReplyDelete
  15. yummy n delicious cake with mango flavour.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read your post interesting and informative. I am doing research on bloggers who use effectively blog for disseminate information.My Thesis titled as "Study on Blogging Pattern Of Selected Bloggers(Indians)".I glad if u wish to participate in my research.Please contact me through mail. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These cupcakes sound wonderful, simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, your recipes are awesome. I have already bookmarked your Blog and will be spending my free time by cooking the recipes shared by you.I blog at Jobs in Jammu. Spare some time to have a look at my blog

    ReplyDelete